Most of us know that when we track statistics for fitness and exercise, we typically do better. Fitbit knows this too and set out to develop gadgets such as the Fitbit Zip to help.
You may have seen our original post for Fitbit One which is also a great gadget. The Fitbit Zip could be seen as the little brother to the One. A few less features, but also $40 less which makes it worth a look when deciding which to buy.
The Fitbit Zip has plenty of cool features worth talking about. They include
- Tracks steps, distance and calories burned
- Syncs automatically to your computer or select Bluetooth 4.0/Bluetooth Smart Ready devices (iPhone 4S or later, and the iPad (3rd generation)
- Set goals, view progress, and earn badges
- Share and compete with friends throughout the day
- Free iPhone and Android Apps
- Small and discreet – wear in pocket, on belt or bra
- Log food, weight and more on Fitbit’s website or apps
- Sweat, rain and splash proof
- Replaceable battery, lasts 4-6-months
The Differences from Fitbit One
Fitbit Zip does not include a few features which are worth mentioning. They include
- A battery that has to be replaced instead of recharged. The battery last 4-6 months and does not cost much but it still has to be replaced
- Sleep tracking is a feature only found on One. A great feature if you are interested in tracking sleep patters however many of us are not.
- Backlit LED screen. A cool feature but probably not worth $40 by itself.
The Fitbit Zip can be found at Walmart and Amazon.com! Be sure to find your best deal with the help of The High-Tech Home! See our links below.